Why Can a Cow Eat Grass? Video
Beef and dairy cattle provide us with hundreds of different products, and all they need is an ample supply of grass and other plants. Most of these plants people can't even eat, so why can cows eat them? This Gee Whiz in Agriculture video provides an in-depth look at the digestive system of cattle, focusing on differences between cattle and humans. Take a journey into a cow’s stomach and microscopically view the stomach contents. Ten-year old “experts” will share their “MOO-ving” experiences with you. This video is available on DVD or YouTube. Order this DVD online from agclassroomstore.com.
University of Kentucky
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- The Remarkable Ruminant
- Build-a-Calf Workshop
- A Tale of Two Burgers: Beef and Plant-based Protein
- Sun, to Moo, to You!
- Beef Basics
- Making a Brand for Ourselves the "Cowboy" Way
- Energy's Journey from Farm to You
- Survival of the Fittest: Comparing the Needs of Humans and Cows
- Photosynthesis: Energy's Journey From Farm to You