Interactive Map: Staple Food Crops of the World
This media spotlight from National Geographic highlights food crop layers from MapMaker Interactive, displaying how many tons of cassava, potatoes, soybeans, yams, and other food crops were produced per country as an average from 2010 to 2012.
National Geographic Education Staff
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- FoodMASTER Middle: Vegetables
- Filling the Global Grocery Bag
- Cultures, Food, and Communities Around the World (Grades 3-5)
- The Role of Women in Agriculture
- Food Systems Feed the World
- Global Food Security
- Hunger and Malnutrition (Grades 3-5)
- Hunger and Malnutrition (Grades 6-8)
- Where Does It Come From?
- Cultures, Food, and Communities Around the World (Grades K-2)