Relevancy and Engagement ny.agclassroom.org
Dirt: The Scoop on Soil
This 24-page book discusses the nature of soil as well as it's uses. It is a great resource to teach students about soil, it's many forms, and the life that it supports.
Natalie M. Rosinsky
Lessons Associated with this Resource
- Soil Texture and Water Percolation
- People and Plants Need Nutrients
- Texturing: The Big Picture
- The Soil We Grow In
- The Rotten Truth
- The Soil Chain
- What Makes Up Your Profile?
- What's in Soil?
- Soil Formation & Edible Horizons
- Vermicomposting (Grades 3-5)
- Vermicomposting (Grades K-2)
- Secrets to Healthy Soils
- Caring for the Land
- Keeping Soil in Its Place
- What's Our Soil Worth?
- Color in the Garden
- Terrariums: A Look at the Living and Nonliving World
- Soil and Sustainability (Grades 9-12)