New York Agriculture in the Classroom Scholarship
Conference Scholarships Available
New York Agriculture in the Classroom wants to support your professional development at the premier conference about teaching through a lens of food and agriculture. Teachers from across the state will be selected and supported by New York Agriculture in the Classroom for a full virtual conference scholarship to the National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference. Teachers from across the country will gathering virtually to learn from skilled presenters, engaging keynote speakers, and from one another.
Our hope is to inspire and expose as many teachers as possible to the many ways of including agriculture in our schools. We hope to support you in your food system education endeavors through this scholarship.
The National Agriculture in the Classroom Virtual Conference will be held June 29-Jul1, 2021.
Included in the scholarship, winning teachers will receive:
- National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference virtual registration
- Important: This is a hybrid conference, but due to travel restrictions from Cornell University we are not able to support in-person attendance to the national conference.
- Up to 15 hours of CTLE professional development credit.
- Additional teacher and classroom resources from New York Agriculture in the Classroom.
- Total scholarship value is over $300.
- New York State certified Pre-K through 12 teachers; all subject areas
- Currently teaching in a New York State school
- Planning to teach in the 2021-22 school year
- University professors teaching pre-service teachers
- County Cornell Cooperative Extension Educators leading Agriculture in the Classroom programming
- Interest in increasing ability and frequency of teaching about and through agriculture
- Commitment to identifying resources to integrate agriculture in core content and instruction
- Teachers will be selected based upon the merit of their application
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. It is suggested to submit your application early
- Scholarship winners will receive a code to register for the conference
Please complete the application no later than Tuesday, June 1, 2021. You will not be able to save your application if you close out of the window. It is recommended that you write your responses in a separate document and copy and paste in the application when you are ready to submit.
National Agriculture in the Classroom Scholarship Recipients
For additional information about the scholarship, please contact Katie Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.