New York Agriculture in the Classroom Scholarship
Conference Scholarships Available
New York Agriculture in the Classroom is looking forward to again supporting teachers to attend the National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference.
New York Agriculture in the Classroom wants to support your professional learning at the premier conference about teaching through a lens of food and agriculture.
Teachers from across the state will be selected and supported by New York Agriculture in the Classroom for a full conference scholarship. The conference will bring together teachers from across the country to learn from skilled presenters, engaging keynote speakers, and from one another.
Our hope is to inspire and expose teachers to the many ways of including agriculture in our schools. We hope to support you in your food system education endeavors through this scholarship while building your network and community of teachers also using food and agriculture in their classrooms.
The National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference will be held June 24-27, 2024 in Salt Lake City, Utah. Learn more about the conference.
Included in the scholarship
- National Agriculture in the Classroom Conference registration ($435 value)
- Full conference registration includes full access to conference workshops, keynote speakers, traveling workshops, and all meals except Tuesday dinner.
- Double occupancy hotel accommodations
- Checking in Monday, June 26th
- Checking out Thursday, June 29th
- Based on flight availability, a Friday departure may be necessary and hotel accommodations will be provided
- Round trip flight
- Up to 28 hours of CTLE professional development credit
- Total scholarship value is over $1,200
- Please note: Travel to and from airport, parking, and baggage fees are not included in the scholarship
- New York State certified Pre-K through 12 teachers; all subject areas
- Certified agriculture educators are not eligible for this scholarship
- Currently teaching in a New York school
- Planning to teach in the 2023-24 school year
- University professors teaching pre-service teachers
- County Cornell Cooperative Extension Educators currently implanting Agriculture in the Classroom programming
- Interest in finding inspiration and the increased ability and frequency of teaching about and through agriculture
- Commitment to identifying resources to integrate agriculture in core content and instruction during the formal school day
- Teachers will be selected based upon the merit of their application
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. It is suggested to submit your application early!
- Awarded teachers should expect to be present for the entire conference duration; arriving Monday, June 26 and departing on Thursday, June 29 at 1 pm
- Scholarship winners will receive a special code to register for the conference. Please do not register before you receive the code
Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm on Tuesday, April 4, 2023. You will not be able to save your application if you close out of the window. It is recommended that you write your responses in a separate document and copy and paste in the online application when you are ready to submit.
National Agriculture in the Classroom Scholarship Recipients
For additional information about the scholarship, please contact Katie Carpenter at email@example.com.