Agricultural Literacy Grant
The Agricultural Literacy Grant was created to help fund your most creative ideas to teach through a lens of agriculture. Submit your great idea to enhance your classroom learning and let New York Agriculture in the Classroom support your endeavor to include agriculture as a context for learning.
A single Agricultural Literacy Grant proposal can be anywhere between $10 to a maximum of $1,200. It will be important to note in your submission any matching funds available in your community for your project. There is a possibility that the selection committee may award partial funding on a project.
Schools will have one year from the date of grant acceptance to expend their funds. Two reports will be due over the course of the year.
Proposals for the Agricultural Literacy Grant can include, but are not limited to:
- Funding for farm field trips
- Purchasing agriculturally accurate books
- Materials for classroom projects
- Starting a courtyard chicken coop
- Expanding your school garden project
- and more!
The Agricultural Literacy Grant program will resume in the 2022-2023 school year. Please follow our newsletter for updates and announcements.
- Certified Pre-K through 12 teachers; all subject areas
- Currently teaching in a New York State school
- Planning to teach in the 2020-21 school year
- Pre-service teachers are eligible to apply for the grant to support their student teaching efforts
- Interest in increasing comfort level and identifying resources to integrate agriculture into core content and instruction
- Past winners of the Agricultural Literacy Grant are eligible to apply
- Proposals will be reviewed by a team of agricultural literacy specialists, agriculture educators, and program volunteers.
- If deemed fit by the selection team, there is a possibility of partial funding
- Feedback will be given to unsuccessful submissions and applicants will be able to resubmit on the next due date
Please contact Katie Carpenter with any questions regarding the Agricultural Literacy Grant program at email@example.com.