Grow with Us Grant
Students who grow food, try new foods.
Students who grow food, eat healthier foods.
Students who grow food, increase their physical activity.
Students who grow food, understand and can communicate the source and value of agriculture.
Listing the reasons why we should grow food with our students can go on and on – but teachers don't need another list, teachers need tools and resources. New York Agriculture in the Classroom is offering an unprecedented grant for schools to earn plant grow systems for their schools and classrooms to engage students in learning through food and eating healthy food year-round.
New York Agriculture in the Classroom wants to make the integration of food, agriculture, and nutrition easy, relevant, and successful for teachers across our state.
About the Grow with Us Grant
The Grow with Us Grant is returning for the 2023-2024 school year and will provide schools an opportunity to apply for two options: a bundle of three Tower Gardens as a science bundle including a dolly, nutrient solution or a 2445 Organics SuperGrow System 3 Tier Rack. Schools should apply for the system that best meets their educational goals and available classroom or outdoor space. New York Agriculture in the Classroom aspires to provide teachers the tools to facilitate experiential learning opportunities using agriculture as the context for learning.
Eligibility and Application Guidelines
The 2023-2024 cycle of the Grow with Us Grant program will open for applications on November 15, 2023. Applications will be due on January 9, 2024 by 11:59 pm.
- Applications will be accepted from New York State certified PreK-12 teachers.
- Teachers must be interested in and committed to enhancing their students' understanding of agriculture, food systems, and natural resources.
- Public, private, charter, and homeschool groups are eligible to apply.
- Applications from multiple school buildings in the same district are eligible.
- Schools must be willing to submit two progress reports each year, for two years.
- The grow systems must be housed for two years on the school property, not at an off-site location.
- Certified agriculture teachers and agriculture programs are not eligible to apply for this grant. (Please see the Agriculture Education Incentive Grant.)
- Teachers who have received a Grow with Us Grant previously are not eligible to apply.