Agricultural Literacy Curriculum Matrix
All About Corn: e-learning modules for educators and students
This website includes a series of interactive online modules with nearly five hours of programming on everything about corn, targeted to high school students.
Time to Complete
- A computer with an updated version of Flash Player.
Choose from the following lessons:
- Corn Uses – types of corn; how corn is utilized for feed, food, fuel, and other uses
- Corn Production – cropping systems; crop adaptation; how farmers select hybrids, plant and harvest corn, and manage pests
- Corn Breeding – corn origins, Native American breeding, corn hybrid innovation, modern techniques including traditional and transgenic breeding
- Biology of Corn – parts of the corn plant, growth and development, taxonomy
University of Minnesota
Individual credits are listed on each slide within each module.