Food, Land & People
Food, Land & People (FLP) is a curriculum resource developed to help students and communities understand the connections between agriculture, the environment, and people. Food, Land and People is:
- science and social studies-based lessons for Pre-K to 12th grade
- 55 lessons for hands-on learning, critical thinking, and easy integration with existing curricula
- aligned to NYS Learning Standards
- a range of educational materials exploring food and nutrition, natural resources, conservation, farming, consumer choices, stewardship, human populations, and land use issues
- available in Spanish (20 lessons)
National Food, Land & People is a non-profit educational organization whose materials have reached millions of students in the United States.
Food, Land & People in New York
New York Agriculture in the Classroom is the state affiliate agency for Project Food, Land & People. The 55 lessons are aligned to New York State learning standards in all curriculum areas, and most recently aligned with the national Common Core learning standards in English Language Arts and Mathematics. If you are interested in using the Food, Land & People curriculum, hosting a training, becoming a facilitator, or to learn more about it please contact us.