STEM Teacher Experience with Beef
Join teachers from across New York State for a three-day, two-night experience connecting STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) with beef production. Touching on every aspect of the industry, teachers will have a chance to experience first-hand animal care, housing, feeding, transportation and more at each farm we visit. No question is off-limits. Lessons, classroom resources, and learning tools will also be shared throughout the experience. Teachers should expect to immerse themselves in experiential learning during this process - including on the farm, with our lessons, and in the kitchen!
This program is brought to you by the New York Beef Council and New York Agriculture in the Classroom.
This program will take place from Tuesday, August 18th through Thursday, August 20th in the Finger Lakes Region of New York.
- There is no cost to you! Upon arriving to the hotel your transportation, meals, and lodging will be taken included in the experience.
- You should expect to spend time outdoors each day, walking around farms with uneven ground, slight slopes.
- You will earn 17 hours of CTLE professional development credit for full participation in this program.
- Teachers should expect to leave with over $100 worth of classrooms tools and resources.
- This experience is a value of over $1,000 per educator.
As of March 25, 2020 we are planning to host this program. Based on the current COVID-19 pandemic, a final decision about hosting the program will be made no later than mid-July. The decision to cancel the program will be based on the latest guidance and recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and New York State.